Don’t Let a Bad Road Ruin Your Day
- Never ever drive at night
- iPod, preloaded with music and novels for those long drives
- Don’t give children candy, pens or money, creates an attitude of dependency and can make it difficult for the next overlanders.
- Never ever pick up hitchhikers or offer anyone a ride.
- Treat all officials respectfully and be patient nothing happens fast in Africa.
- Keep your sense of humour
- Take your anti malaria medications
- Keep all your documents in a safe location.
- Scan in and email yourself all your documents
- Walk everyday to keep healthy.
- Make new friends.